Sr. Revenue Accountant
WHO WE ARE
Edmentum is a dynamic educator and student-focused company dedicated to tech-enabled learning solutions. Our goal is to ensure that all students have access to flexible learning environments and educators have the tools they need to support their students. We are on a mission to create innovative, proven learning technology, partnering with educators to ignite student potential. We are a Remote First organization with a strong commitment to excellence, innovation, and customer satisfaction.
WHAT IS THE POSITION
The Senior Revenue Accountant at Edmentum is responsible for revenue accounting and responsible for assisting monthly billing cycle activities including prepaid, scheduled, routine and post-pay invoicing and journal entry preparation. The Senior Revenue Accountant reconciles general ledger and business accounts while working closely with Corporate Accounting, Accounts Receivable, and the Order Procurement and Processing Group (OPP), and also provides audit support and workpaper preparation, assists with automation initiatives, and maintains files, systems, and controls.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
1. Responsible for revenue accounting and assigned monthly close tasks including, but not limited to, the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and other miscellaneous analysis. Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and completeness as it pertains to the close process.
2. Ensure appropriate supporting documentation for journal entries and other adjustments prior to recording
3. Provide data and insights to the AR Supervisor and team on collections and cash application
4. Assist with creating solutions to streamline workflows
5. Lend support to special projects and financial reporting as needed
6. Assist with year-end audit and tax workpaper preparation as well as annual budget and periodic forecasting.
7. Recommend, establish, and maintain controls to ensure accuracy and provide safeguards
8. Complete other duties as assigned and provide backup to cover absences and manage workload efforts.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
1. Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting standards.
2. NetSuite experience a plus
3. Data review and processing skills
4. Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
5. Communication and interpersonal skills
6. Advanced Excel User
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Minimum Education and Certification Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance or equivalent experience
2. Experience: 5 or more years mix of public and industry experience is required.
Critical Success Factors:
• Drive for Results
• Customer Focus
• Dealing with Ambiguity (Leading Change)
• Creativity (Innovation)
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Edmentum’s notice regarding the collection of personal information from interested candidates is available here
Don't let this one get away.
Similar Remote Jobs