Mechanical Orchard is a fast-growing startup that takes a fresh view on old problems. We replace legacy computing systems for the Global 2000, with a focus on mitigating risk and creating a genuinely solid foundation for innovating and adapting.
Our background in software development and the impact on the industry is well known, and we've literally helped write the book on XP and other impactful agile practices. We’re applying the same thoughtfulness and rigor in weaving AI into everything we do. We believe in the durable principles behind agile, and embrace the power of cross-functional teams, collective ownership, test driven development, short feedback loops, and continuous improvement.
We are Generous, Ethical, Effective, and Kind.
As a Product Manager at Mechanical Orchard, you will be expected to:
- Work as part of a cross functional development team, collaborating with product designers, engineers, and other roles to build software for clients and/or Mechanical Orchard
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs, and use this knowledge to help shape product strategy and inform decision-making for the given project or engagement
- Use lean startup and lean UX principles to develop and test product ideas quickly and efficiently
- Work in partnership with product designer(s) to conduct user research, develop solutions, validate design effectiveness, and iterate on designs based on qualitative and quantitative feedback from users, customers, and the development team
- Manage a fine grained backlog in Pivotal Tracker that drives incremental progress in terms of learning and value
- Organize and facilitate regular project planning meetings, brainstorming sessions, team retrospectives, and other agile team ceremonies
- Monitor, analyze, and discern learnings from qualitative and quantitative data
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Apply and advocate for modern product practices including lean / lean UX and user centered design
The ideal candidate has worked as a product manager in a professional, team-based environment, with experience across the entire product lifecycle, and a deep understanding of product management principles.
Some consulting experience is a bonus.
Strong communication and collaboration skills as well as empathy are essential for working closely with the development team, customers, and others at Mechanical Orchard.
Mechanical Orchard, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. Mechanical Orchard, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Mechanical Orchard, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Mechanical Orchard, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Mechanical Orchard, Inc. encourages applicants of all ages. Mechanical Orchard, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
We look forward to reviewing your application. Thanks!
Do you like this job?
Similar Remote Jobs