Sr. Software Engineer
Spaceback the global leader and creator of Social Display.
The Spaceback Social Display creative format bridges the gap between social media and banner advertising - allowing advertisers to combine the user experience of social with the reach of traditional online display, across desktop and mobile.
By using the Spaceback creative technology platform Brands can leverage content they know is effective from their social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn & TikTok), and use it within their online display campaigns to target audiences across both Programmatic and Direct IO activity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an entrepreneurial software developer to share ownership of our technical vision and execution. As part of our small team, your daily decisions will form the basis of how both our product and company grow. You will be a key contributor in all phases of the development lifecycle from shaping product requirements to shipping features into the hands of paying customers. You will touch all parts of our tech stack: empowered to fix what is broken, maintain what is working and improve what should be better. And above all, you will be trusted to collaborate with your colleagues to make the best decisions for the business, the team, and our customers.
A typical day may include:
• Brainstorming early product ideas
• Refining product requirements with colleagues
• Building new features on our current tech stack
• Making plans for our future tech stack
• Evaluating tools to improve the team’s efficiency
• Triaging, investigating, and fixing production issues
• Finding practical solutions to customer requests
• Writing automated tests
• Evaluating build-vs-buy decisions for technology needs
• Prioritizing roadmap items with stakeholders
• 6+ years of experience building, deploying, and iterating on products
• Expert-level knowledge of Ruby on Rails, React/Redux and SQL
• Significant experience with AWS creating and maintaining application infrastructure
• Consistently writes high-quality code that’s well tested and designed for change
• Very familiar with Scrum and Agile methodologies
• Excellent communicator, especially discussing technical topics with non-technical people
• Strong product sense and ability to balance technical concerns with company goals
• Willing to teach what you know and eager to learn what you don’t
• Always looking for opportunities to improve yourself, your teammates, and the product
• Thrives in the face of obstacles and uncertainty
• Values autonomy and embraces the responsibility associated with it
• Familiarity with the ad tech landscape
• Understanding of data warehouses and ETL/ELT
• Experience coaching and/or mentoring other developers
Lastly, we have an amazing company culture and we spend a lot of time thinking about how to make it even better. You will be an integral part of helping this culture scale.
Salary range is $150,000 - $300,000 annually
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Spaceback, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this position but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
More information about Spaceback can be found by visiting www.spaceback.com including the following social media channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Don't wait, tomorrow could be too late.
About the company
Similar Remote Jobs
- Opened 3 days ago Featured Job Remote Job
- Opened 13 days ago Featured Job Remote Job
- Opened 14 days ago Featured Job Remote Job
- Closes in 14 days Featured Job Remote Job
- Frontend Software EngineerMonolith ForensicsOpened 13 days ago Promoted Job Remote Job